OUR DIGITAL DETOX WORKSHOPS
WHY SHOULD YOU DISCONNECT
The addiction to new technologies is always stronger in our societies. Here are some average numbers:
UK adults spend an average of 8 hours a day on screens and checks their smartphone more than 150 times a day.
There is a strong association between social media use and depression ( National Institute of Mental Health study- 2016). Human average attention spans have declined significantly in the past 10 years since smartphones existed and are now lower than that of a goldfish (Microsoft Corp study – 2015).
We know also that media-multitasking and rapidly switching from task to task can weaken your brain’s anterior cingulate cortex, which is involved in high-level information and emotion processing. (University College London Study – 2014).
Hyper-connectivity is a cause of stress at work.
CONFERENCE & WORKSHOP
Our specialised conferences and workshops will allow you to:
- Implement better balanced digital strategies so you can deal with the dependency and stress that are linked to hyper connection.
- Become aware of the negative effects of hyper connection and the benefits of disconnecting.
- Understand that people have a right to disconnect, how you can implement this in your business, how to control the risks and challenges faced by employers and employees.
- Learn about preventing psychosocial risks linked to intensive or inappropriate use of digital tools.
The content of each conference is tailored to your company’s needs and objectives.
EXAMPLE TRAINING COURSE : DIGITAL DETOX WORKSHOP
- Disconnect: participants leave their phones in a box.
- Understand: Presentation on hyperconnectivity and its consequences for quality of life at work.
- Interact: Become aware of bad habits in technology use and explore best practice to connect in a healthier way.
- Commit: Choose one example of good practice and commit to implementing it.
Workshop length: 3 hours
+33 6 58 21 84 71